Thursday 9 July 2015

The sea



Monday evening's shadows and warm sun were a restoring delight for my father and I ( and the dog) enjoying a walk by the sea . He has spent a week with us enjoying the sea air, home cooking, and friends and family.....and watching us swim in the sea ! 

And the seaside continued to provide the backcloth for my walk to and from a supportive and stimulating lunch on Tuesday . Along the way I bumped into friends and ex-colleagues from business and the council , and took a snap of the latest progress with the growth of the i360. 


It's a truism that the sea provides a different view and sight everyday and our changing weather is one of the wonders of living in this brilliant city . So on Wednesday , after the dentists chair, I enjoyed a post-rain sea view. And then I enjoyed the stimulation of meeting together with someone I first encountered 40 years ago , when I was just starting out on my public service career. She too has come back to live by the sea of her childhood and to be creative. I too am appreciating the restoring powers of the sea. 

No comments:

Post a Comment